Tested main ejection charges today. I started with 1gm pyrodex, but that was not enough to break the shear pins. Tried 2 gm pyrodex, same result. Tried 1gm 4FG BP, broke the pins but did not eject the laundry. Tried 2gm 4FG BP, had the desired result. Video

I suspect that the tightly packed parachute is the reason for needing double what the calculation asked for. I suspect that once I get the engine casing(to seal the compartment) and test  the apogee charge, that it will not need to be doubled.

The terminal blocks broke off the aluminum bulk plate.  I had originally attached them with epoxy. I also tried hot glue. I will have to drill a small hole and attach them with a screw because nothing wants to stick to them.